- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Discovery Turbo launches new series ‘Backyard Oil’
MUMBAI: Discovery Turbo has launched a new series ‘Backyard Oil’ presenting the competition for black gold in Kentucky.
Airing at 10 pm, every Monday to Friday, the show narrates how modern day oil boom techniques are hitting the hills of South Central Kentucky.
It follows the fortunes of boot-strapping oil men in Appalachia which includes mogul Jimmy Reliford and his sidekick Coomer who is raking in $300,000 a month thanks to an oil strike in his own backyard, a bearded hillbilly named Rascal and the Page Boys, a father-son team who can’t help but bicker about everything except finding the black gold.
With oil fetching close to $100 a barrel, there is a modern day oil boom hitting Kentucky and people are racing to enlist the services of these oil men to help them make millions.
The drama will unleash as the motley crew will fight until the bid is won and the next great oil well is drilled.