- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Discovery Turbo kicks off ‘World Top 5’ from 13 April
MUMBAI: Discovery Turbo will launch a new show that looks at mechanical marvels to find out what drives the global giants of engineering.
The channel will go on a global hunt for the ultimate engineering geniuses bringing the greatest man-made machines, from super plane and trains to mega factories built to an unimaginable scale.
‘World’s Top 5’ pits these super machines against each other, measuring them in five major categories, to reveal the very best of the best. In each episode, a specific engineering genre is tested, analysed and rated in five key categories to eventually reveal the overall winner.
The show will kick off on 13 April and air every Monday at 9 pm.
The series explores the technology behind planes, trains, earthmovers, ships, cars and factories. What powers the world’s fastest car? How does the world’s biggest earthmover move? How can a train without wheels reach world-beating speeds? And how does the world’s most maneuverable jet fighter stay in the air? Which is the world’s ultimate super ship?