- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Discovery Turbo kicks off ‘World Top 5’ from 13 April
MUMBAI: Discovery Turbo will launch a new show that looks at mechanical marvels to find out what drives the global giants of engineering.
The channel will go on a global hunt for the ultimate engineering geniuses bringing the greatest man-made machines, from super plane and trains to mega factories built to an unimaginable scale.
‘World’s Top 5’ pits these super machines against each other, measuring them in five major categories, to reveal the very best of the best. In each episode, a specific engineering genre is tested, analysed and rated in five key categories to eventually reveal the overall winner.
The show will kick off on 13 April and air every Monday at 9 pm.
The series explores the technology behind planes, trains, earthmovers, ships, cars and factories. What powers the world’s fastest car? How does the world’s biggest earthmover move? How can a train without wheels reach world-beating speeds? And how does the world’s most maneuverable jet fighter stay in the air? Which is the world’s ultimate super ship?