- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
Discovery to air ‘Spirit Of India – Maha Shivratri’ on 7 March
MUMBAI: Festivals are an integral part of the Indian culture with special significance. Offering an ode to the festivities across the diverse culture in India, Discovery Channel presents a series called ‘Spirit Of India’.
Marking the occasion of the festival Maha Shivratri in March, Discovery’s special will explore the many facets of Lord Shiva, people’s spiritual and religious faith and rituals that are followed to celebrate this occasion across India.
‘Spirit Of India – Maha Shivratri’ will air on 7 March at 9 pm on Discovery, Discovery Tamil and Discovery HD World.
The programme will highlight the importance of Maha Shivratri for people in India exploring their faith and purpose, giving viewers an insight into the deeper spiritual significance underlying the celebration.
The show will showcase people from Varanasi recreating the momentous occasion of Lord Shiva’s marriage to his wife Parvati. From fancy guest lists to dressing up the city in its wedding finery along with colours and scents to singing and chanting, the programme will show how the whole city will participate in the big wedding procession.