- Illegal Rohingya Muslims Might Have Links With ISI And Islamic State, Centre Tells SC
- Shane Bond open to coaching Indian Premier League side
- Flipkart expects 17x jump in fashion during Big Billion Days sale
- Digital payment bound to pick up with new technology: FM Arun Jaitley
- Top cop YC Modi, who had probed 2002 Gujarat riots, named new NIA chief
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Discovery to air reality drama show ‘Hardcore Pawn’
MUMBAI: Pawning is an old practice and pawn shops are a common phenomenon in the US, where one can get quick and easy cash by pledging (loan) their personal belongings or selling their valuable items.
Discovery’s new reality series ‘Hardcore Pawn’ takes viewers into the crazy and dynamic world of American Jewelry and Loan (AJL) – Detroit, US’s largest pawn store, where a wide assortment of customers bring in everything from gold to old cars, from alligators to prosthetic limbs to exchange for cash.
Viewers get a glimpse of the daily events at the pawn store where each day brings new customers, new rewards — and new drama. Premiering on 29 August, ‘Hardcore Pawn’ will air weekdays (Mon-Fri) at 8 pm on Discovery.
Viewers can follow the Gold family as they wheel and deal with colourful customers, manage temperamental employees, and squabble with one another in the name of making money in one of the most troubled cities in America. This isn’t a typical trading job; this is ‘Hardcore Pawn’.
The Gold family and their employees never know what to expect when people’s personal items are on the line. As each episode of this fascinating series reveals, haggling over a price can quickly escalate into an all-out conflict.
AJL is owned by Leslie “Les” Gold, the grandson of a pawnbroker who has set up in Michigan’s iconic 8 Mile Road. Accompanied by his son Seth and daughter Ashley, both university graduates and future owners of the business, Les finds managing the sibling rivalry as challenging as running the business.
AJL was opened in 1978, and has since become one of the largest and most recognized pawn shops in the world. The store handles anything from family heirlooms to electronics, from diamonds to heavy machinery. Each pawn ticket has a story, and there are over 45,000 stories to tell.