- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Discovery to air reality drama show ‘Hardcore Pawn’
MUMBAI: Pawning is an old practice and pawn shops are a common phenomenon in the US, where one can get quick and easy cash by pledging (loan) their personal belongings or selling their valuable items.
Discovery’s new reality series ‘Hardcore Pawn’ takes viewers into the crazy and dynamic world of American Jewelry and Loan (AJL) – Detroit, US’s largest pawn store, where a wide assortment of customers bring in everything from gold to old cars, from alligators to prosthetic limbs to exchange for cash.
Viewers get a glimpse of the daily events at the pawn store where each day brings new customers, new rewards — and new drama. Premiering on 29 August, ‘Hardcore Pawn’ will air weekdays (Mon-Fri) at 8 pm on Discovery.
Viewers can follow the Gold family as they wheel and deal with colourful customers, manage temperamental employees, and squabble with one another in the name of making money in one of the most troubled cities in America. This isn’t a typical trading job; this is ‘Hardcore Pawn’.
The Gold family and their employees never know what to expect when people’s personal items are on the line. As each episode of this fascinating series reveals, haggling over a price can quickly escalate into an all-out conflict.
AJL is owned by Leslie “Les” Gold, the grandson of a pawnbroker who has set up in Michigan’s iconic 8 Mile Road. Accompanied by his son Seth and daughter Ashley, both university graduates and future owners of the business, Les finds managing the sibling rivalry as challenging as running the business.
AJL was opened in 1978, and has since become one of the largest and most recognized pawn shops in the world. The store handles anything from family heirlooms to electronics, from diamonds to heavy machinery. Each pawn ticket has a story, and there are over 45,000 stories to tell.