- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Discovery to acquire Turkish FTA network
MUMBAI: US infotainment broadcaster Discovery will buy the free-to-air CNBC-e TV channel in Turkey. It has agreed to form a strategic relationship with Turkish media conglomerate Dogus Media Group.
Doğuş Media Group will now handle ad sales for Discovery in Turkey.
Discovery Networks Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa president, MD Kasia Kieli said, “Turkey has been an important market for Discovery for 17 years and we are proud of our position as one of the leading international broadcasters in the country.
“Discovery’s global success is based on building strong local teams and looking for new opportunities that build scale in key markets. Our expanded relationship with Dogus, including ad sales representation, and new investments such as the acquisition of the CNBC-e channel, will see us reach the next level in Turkey.”
Doğuş Media Group’s chairman, Erman Yerdelen said, “Doğuş Media Group holds a leading position in the Turkish television industry through the ownership of both thematic and mainstream television channels, as a Turkish media conglomerate that has demonstrated a consistent growth record since 1996.
“From the outset, Doğuş Media Group has set successful examples in the international arena by partnering with the world’s leading brands. Today, we are proud to announce that Doğuş Media Group and one of the strongest media groups in the world, Discovery Communications, have reached an agreement on the mutual goal of growing and diversifying Discovery’s broadcasting portfolio in Turkey. With this strategic relationship, Discovery’s Turkish viewers will enjoy a greater variety of choice in entertainment.”