- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Discovery to acquire Turkish FTA network
MUMBAI: US infotainment broadcaster Discovery will buy the free-to-air CNBC-e TV channel in Turkey. It has agreed to form a strategic relationship with Turkish media conglomerate Dogus Media Group.
Doğuş Media Group will now handle ad sales for Discovery in Turkey.
Discovery Networks Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa president, MD Kasia Kieli said, “Turkey has been an important market for Discovery for 17 years and we are proud of our position as one of the leading international broadcasters in the country.
“Discovery’s global success is based on building strong local teams and looking for new opportunities that build scale in key markets. Our expanded relationship with Dogus, including ad sales representation, and new investments such as the acquisition of the CNBC-e channel, will see us reach the next level in Turkey.”
Doğuş Media Group’s chairman, Erman Yerdelen said, “Doğuş Media Group holds a leading position in the Turkish television industry through the ownership of both thematic and mainstream television channels, as a Turkish media conglomerate that has demonstrated a consistent growth record since 1996.
“From the outset, Doğuş Media Group has set successful examples in the international arena by partnering with the world’s leading brands. Today, we are proud to announce that Doğuş Media Group and one of the strongest media groups in the world, Discovery Communications, have reached an agreement on the mutual goal of growing and diversifying Discovery’s broadcasting portfolio in Turkey. With this strategic relationship, Discovery’s Turkish viewers will enjoy a greater variety of choice in entertainment.”