- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Discovery, TLC ranked as most trusted brands
MUMBAI: Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific’s two flagship channels, Discovery Channel and TLC, have been ranked as the most trusted brands in the factual entertainment and lifestyle categories by The Brand Trust Report 2015 for the fourth consecutive year in India.
Discovery Channel offers content from a range of genres including blue-chip nature, science and technology, survival and adventure, ancient and contemporary history, cultural and topical subjects. Lifestyle channel TLC provides an extensive mix of programming on travel, cuisine, makeover, relationships, design and lifestyle trends.
Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific executive VP, GM South Asia and Southeast Asia Rahul Johri said, “We are delighted that Discovery Channel and TLC have enhanced their brand leadership and strengthened its relationship with viewers across the country. Despite the fragmentation in the market, both channels have succeeded to increase the Trust quotient which reflects the team’s ingenuity and intensity to deliver the brand promise. This recognition embodies our commitment to offer the finest content on television and provide consistent, differentiated and enriching entertainment experience.”
Said N Chandramouli, CEO, Trust Research Advisory, publishers of The Brand Trust Report, India Study, 2015, “Discovery Channel and TLC’s rising trust legacy is admirable. These rankings are a reflection of Discovery’s brand focus and incredibly strong connect with its audience across the country.”
The Brand Trust Report (BTR), compiled and released annually, is the result of a survey undertaken by the Trust Research Advisory (TRA). This year’s research was conducted among 2,000+ ‘influencer’ respondents across 16 cities. The study generated nearly 2 million data-points and 17,000 brands to create a statistically robust Brand Trust Index which has been used to hierarchically rank India’s brands on the basis of trust.