- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Discovery Science to present ‘Secrets of the Earth’
MUMBAI: Discovery Science is bringing yet another programme to tickle the curious minds of its viewers through ‘Secrets of the Earth’. The show will reveal various facts about the planet with a different perspective.
Premiering on 1 April at 9 pm, the science series will seek to provide answers to questions that have eluded everyone. It will reveal life’s greatest mysteries and smallest wonders.
The show will explore the planet Earth with awe and wonder, normally reserved for alien worlds, with computer graphics, visual analogies and a recurring cast of dynamic experts combined to provide a new perspective on the world.
Discovery Networks Asia Pacific SVP and GM South Asia and head of revenue pan regional ad sales and Southeast Asia Rahul Johri said, “The show is an adventurous glimpse of the Earth with stunning imagery of this strange but beautiful planet. It reveals the extraordinary canyons of gravity that warp space and time, a surface buzzing with a hidden electrical charge and rain triggered by cosmic rays. The programme is sure to inform, amaze and inspire curious minds of all ages.”
Some of the topics the episodes will explore include rain and Tsunami, where scientists will understand how they are made and what happens as the waves emerge from the open ocean and lash down on land.
The series will take advantage of a shift in NASA priorities to studying the planet. Increasingly, satellites intended to study outer space are being turned back towards the Earth, thereby revealing new imagery of the planet’s surface, oceans, atmosphere, gravity and more. Reading beyond the realm of our planet, it will also compare the attributes of the Earth to other planets and moons.