- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Discovery plans to launch Hindi GEC by year-end
MUMBAI: Discovery Communications is launching a Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC), thus widening from its existing portfolio of television channels in the infotainment, kids and sports genres.
Discovery Jeet will launch in the fourth quarter of 2017. Armed with 200-250 hours of local content, it will target the 15+ male audience with fact-inspired entertainment.
The channel will be positioned as a male mass entertainment channel, a space which the broadcaster feels is currently unoccupied. Discovery Jeet will thus have a distinct positioning from the other mainstream Hindi GECs like Star Plus, Zee TV and Sony Entertainment Television.