- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Discovery plans to launch Hindi GEC by year-end
MUMBAI: Discovery Communications is launching a Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC), thus widening from its existing portfolio of television channels in the infotainment, kids and sports genres.
Discovery Jeet will launch in the fourth quarter of 2017. Armed with 200-250 hours of local content, it will target the 15+ male audience with fact-inspired entertainment.
The channel will be positioned as a male mass entertainment channel, a space which the broadcaster feels is currently unoccupied. Discovery Jeet will thus have a distinct positioning from the other mainstream Hindi GECs like Star Plus, Zee TV and Sony Entertainment Television.