- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Discovery partners with Haspta for 10th edition of MTB Himalaya Biking 2014
MUMBAI: Infotainment broadcaster Discovery associates with Haspta for the 10th edition of the mountain biking championship – MTB Himalaya Biking 2014.
The channel has been collaborating with MTB Himalaya Biking for three consecutive years and has supported to make it a biking championship.
The third toughest endurance race in Asia is also endorsed by Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan this year and is supported by Hero Cycles. The race will kick-start from Shimla on 26 September and will cover a total distance of 540 kilometers before reaching back on 3 October.
The association between Discovery and MTB Himalaya Biking 2014 is an effort to spread awareness about sportsmanship and mountain biking in India. This year MTB Himalaya Biking will have 70-member crew and 65 participants from 12 different countries. For the very first time, India will see an array of world renowned cyclists, who have made a profound impact on the world mountain bike racing scene.
Discovery South Asia executive VP, GM Rahul Johri said, “Discovery Channel is pleased to partner with MTB Himalaya biking 2014 for third consecutive year. This association complements Discovery Channel’s brand promise to offer our viewers an experience of thrill, adventure and entertainment and strengthens our connect with them.”
MTB Shimla has come up as one of the pioneer events in India in a very short span of three years. Like the past two editions, it will take participants around routes, most of them undiscovered and some specially earmarked for maximum thrill to the riders. The race track consists of river bed sections, speedy downhill and gut wrenching uphill stretches with ninety per cent of the track being off road which will allow riders to experience the real adventure of mountain biking in the soothing ambience of nature.