- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Discovery Kids to launch new series of ‘Sheikh Chilli’ in early 2017
MUMBAI: After garnering good response to its local shows such as ‘Kisna’, ‘Billoo Bhai’ and ‘Little Krishna’, kids entertainment channel Discovery Kids has lined up its second series titled ‘Sheikh Chilli & Friendz’.
Slated to premiere in early 2017, ‘Sheikh Chilli & Friendz’ is expected to bring clutter-breaking and heart-warming entertainment to millions of kids across India.
Discovery Networks Asia Pacific VP, entertainment products, South Asia Rajiv Bakshi said, “’Sheikh Chilli & Friendz’ will be one of the most endearing series on Indian television. Each character has been crafted to offer unmatched entertainment and will reset the narrative of kids’ content. Nothing stimulates mind more than an overwhelming emotion of humour and this series will offer it in abundance.”
The franchise was introduced to children on television through a movie, aired early in the year on Discovery Kids. It has been conceptualised and created in partnership with the Mayapuri Group and iRealities Entertainment.
The story revolves around the adventures of an innocent boy name Sheikh Chilli and his friends in Jhunjhun Nagar. He has his heart in the right place, but his plans and actions are a source of humour as well as trouble for his friends. He is joined in his adventures by his classmate Malika, friend-turned-brother donkey Bulbul, pocket-sized dwarf Khatkoo and the enchanting Noorie Djinn.