- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Discovery India buys content from GRB Entertainment
MUMBAI: GRB Entertainment kicks off 2016 announcing a raft of factual deals in Asia. Discovery Asia Pacific took four titles: ‘How Stuff Works’, ‘Nasty By Nature’, and ‘When Fish Attack’ for their Indian territory feed; and ‘FBI Takedowns’ for its China and Pacific Rim feeds. Extreme nature programme ‘Prehistoric Assassins’ will be broadcast in China on CCTV, and TBS Japan will air ‘Without Warning’.
From whiskey to rubber, viewers can learn about the stuff that makes the world go ‘round and the length people go to in order to turn fundamental elements into the products they love in ‘How Stuff Works’, produced for Discovery. In ‘Nasty By Nature’ viewers can discover the gut-wrenching things animals do to survive, and find out what really happens underwater in ‘When Fish Attack’.
Meanwhile, in ‘FBI Takedowns’, viewers can see how elite teams of FBI agents hunt down the world’s most wanted criminals. True stories of the bureau’s most adrenaline-fueled and high-stakes manhunts will take centrestage. Danger is the theme with ‘Prehistoric Assassins’ – learn about the deadly hunting tactics of ancient predators.
“GRB Entertainment is one of the strongest distributors of factual programming in the world and we are excited to announce deals with our Asian broadcast partners for multiple titles. Discovery, with 4 new shows, continues to be one of our top partners and we are excited to continue our relationship with CCTV in China and TBS in Japan,” said GRB Entertainment senior VP international distribution Mike Lolato.