- RSCRYPTO completes CAS integration into MStar K1, K5, K7 series chips
- Ryan school murder: Bus conductor granted bail, but no clean chit till yet
- 'Padmavati' row: Let CBFC do its job, says Information and Broadcasting ministry
- Screen 'S Durga' at IFFI, says Kerala High Court
Discovery establishes India advisory board
MUMBAI: In line with its stated ambitions for the India market, Discovery Networks Asia Pacific has appointed a special India Advisory Board comprising pioneers and experts from corporate, digital media and public policy.
This first-of-its-kind board for the company outside the US will provide counsel and insight to the India leadership team on strategic matters pertaining to business innovation and help Discovery navigate and tap into new growth opportunities in a rapidly evolving media landscape.
Members of the India Advisory Board include:
- Dr S Narayan (chairman): Former Economic Advisor to the Prime Minister and former Secretary to the Government of India; currently senior public policy advisor and visiting faculty at the University of Delhi and the National University of Singapore.
- Naina Lal Kidwai: Banker, past president of FICCI (India ‘s apex chamber of commerce and industry) and non-executive director on leading global and Indian company boards, deeply committed to the environment and head of the FICCI Sustainability Council and Global Commissioner for the New Climate Economy, and an active participant in public policy forums including government committees.
- Ali Hussein: Digital media evangelist and former Head of Entertainment Partnerships, South Asia at Google/YouTube; currently media tech entrepreneur and board advisor.
“It is a privilege to chair the first-of-its-kind Advisory Board for Discovery. The network has been a mainstay in homes in India and around the world for decades and has looked to push the boundaries with new ideas, creative thinking and inspirational content. All of us are looking forward to the opportunity to advise a new leadership team that is energetic, entrepreneurial and innovative on strategic developments that will affect their future growth,” said Dr Narayan.
Discovery Networks Asia Pacific president, MD Arthur Bastings said, “Discovery is thrilled to have such respected industry leaders advising our India leadership team and myself on matters crucial to the design and execution of our ambitious India strategy. The insights from this eminent group will be invaluable as we look to accelerate the transformation of our business and leverage new growth opportunities across South Asia.”