- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Discovery Channel to premiere ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’ on 5 Jan
MUMBAI: Discovery Channel will premiere the adventure series ‘Running Wild with Bear Grylls’ from 5 January every Thursday at 9 pm.
The show will feature Bear Grylls taking in a new host of unsuspecting celebrities under his wing to explore some of the most remote locations around the world.
The first episode will feature triple-platinum recording artist and actor Nick Jonas, who will join Grylls on the 48-hrs extreme survival challenge. Jonas will be followed by SAG award-winning actress Courtney Cox in the second episode.
Other celebrities to feature in the series include: dancer and Emmy award-winning choreographer Julianne Hough, actress and singer Vanessa Hudgens, alpine skier and Olympic gold medallist Lindsey Vonn; and Hall of Fame basketball player Shaquille O’Neal.
Each of the accomplished actors and athletes will partner with Bear for two days for a one-on-one adventure they will never forget. The will trek across various places from the remote African Savanna and mountain passes of Sierra Nevada to the wilds of Ireland and rocky shores of Corsica. The cast members will face their deepest fears and tackle everything from wild animals to rock rappelling as they journey through some of the world’s most unforgiving wildernesses, learning a little more about themselves in the process.
About the episodes:
- Music sensation Nick Jonas will join Grylls for an icy journey across the Sierra Nevada mountains. With a blizzard bearing down, Nick and Bear must rappel down a sheer rock face before navigating an avalanche-prone mountain face. Building camp under harsh conditions, the two feast on a frozen bird, and eventually make a heart-stopping swim across a freezing lake. Along the way, Nick gives us the definitive account of the Jonas Brothers’ split and reveals how his struggle with diabetes gave him the drive to reach the pinnacle of the music world.
- Television icon Courteney Cox joins Grylls on a harrowing journey to Ireland. Dropped along the wind swept coastline, Cox and Grylls must navigate jagged peaks and descend sheer cliffs, only to be battered by ocean swells. As they contend with the elements, the two struggle to stay warm and must subsist on a meagre diet of maggots sourced from a rotting sheep. Cox’s limits will be tested, but her spirit shines while sharing insights on aging gracefully, the loss of her father, and the joy of motherhood.
- Olympic gold medallist Lindsey Vonn takes a speedboat trip with Grylls, before they swim to shore, cross a chasm and dine on sea urchins. How will she get on?
- NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal joins Grylls on an oversized adventure to the remote Adirondacks. After being plucked from a freight train via helicopter, Grylls and the 7’1” Shaq battle dense forest, blood-sucking leaches and two-hundred-foot sheer rock faces in search of their extraction point. Along the way, Shaq’s infectious energy, tales of legendary NBA moments, and unwavering drive to be help others remind us why he is beloved the world over. The wild will dole out everything it’s got, but it’s never met a force of nature like Shaquille O’Neal.
- Actress, singer, dancer, adventurer Julianne Hough joins Grylls on a roaring adventure to the African Savanna. Hough (Dancing With The Stars, Grease: Live!) and Grylls initially navigate the unforgiving African terrain on ATV and must elude a pack of elephants that block their path. Rappelling from a sheer cliff, they enter a remote canyon where they evade a pack of big cats, come face-to-face with a massive snake, and navigate treacherous waterfalls before reaching their extraction point. As they make their way through the dangerous and unpredictable terrain, Hough shares her personal story of abuse, and the positivity and unwavering determination that got her to the top.
- America’s Got Talent judge and pop icon Mel B roughs it with Grylls on the shark-infested waters of the Irish coast.
- Grylls takes Hollywood sweetheart Vanessa Hudgens to the High Sierras for a rigorous and scenic adventure. After a breathtaking repel from a helicopter, Grylls and Hudgens evade a boulder avalanche, summit a massive dormant volcano, and come face-to-face with a rattlesnake, which makes for a cringe-worthy dinner. Along the way, Hudgens reveals her struggle to accept the passing of her father, and shares insights on her meteoric rise to stardom.