- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Discovery Channel to air special on joint Indo–US Army exercise
MUMBAI: Having got exclusive access to a joint training exercise between units of the US Army and the Indian Army, Discovery Channel will present the training act through a special programme entitled ‘Yudh Abhyas: Gurkhas and Artic Wolves’.
Launching on 23 February, the show will air at 9 pm and will offer a peek into the worlds of the two armies, as they jointly prepare to face the challenges of a complex 21st century world.
Discovery Networks Asia Pacific EVP and GM South Asia Rahul Johri said, “Discovery channel gives viewers a first-ever look into a unique mission by the Indian and US armies for an integrated training exercise. ‘Yudh Abhyas: Gurkhas and Artic Wolves’ sheds new light on the warfare, techniques and strategy deployed by the armed forces to share each other’s expertise.”
With a common objective to protect US and Indian interests worldwide, the Indian Army’s 2nd Battalion of the 9th Gurkha Rifles and US Army’s Arctic Wolves combine together to form a formidable force against terror. Deep in the Garhwal Himalayas near the village of Chaubattia (Uttarakhand), a contingent of the US Army’s Arctic Wolves travels from Fairbanks, Alaska to train with the Gurkhas in the annual Indo–US joint military exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas’.
Discovery’s cameras will follow the two-week event that sees the contingents hone their tactical and technical skills in three phases—inter-operability, physical and weaponry training.
The programme will give a further insight into a unique mission that focuses on field training, firing, tactical and operating philosophies and procedures of both armies to equip them for future combined operations against potential enemies.