- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Discovery Channel to air Rann of Kutch special in the ‘Revealed’ franchise
MUMBAI: The salt desert of the Rann of Kutch in Gujarat is one of the world’s greatest wildernesses and a significant attraction for people across the world. Showcasing the beauty of the mystique Rann, Discovery Channel will premiere ‘Revealed: Rann of Kutch’ on 8 December at 9 pm.
While on the face of it, the Rann does seem to be deserted, there is much more to it than meets the eye. The Rann and the areas around it support a staggering diversity of life and cultures. Discovery’s special explores some of them like never before. It features some rarely filmed and curious creatures of the Rann, like the subterranean dwellers, the Desert Jird, the elusive Desert Fox and the extinct volcano, Dhino Dhar.
The programme reveals the diverse groups of ethnicities that nest in The Rann of Kutch. Viewers will meet innovative tourist guides in a horse safari, intrepid honey gatherers negotiating a hive of wild rock bees, village artisans and craftsman, salt-pan workers and high tech wind farm technicians.