- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Dilip Venkatraman joins ITV Network as group COO, strategy & biz dev
MUMBAI: ITV Network, which owns and operates news channels NewsX and India News, has appointed former CNN IBN and IBN7 CEO Dilip Venkatraman as group COO of strategy and business development.
Meanwhile, Savvy Dilip has been appointed group chief marketing officer.
Prior to joining ITV Network, Venkatraman and wife Savvy Dilip together founded Vigovea Media.
Well before starting their own venture, Venkatraman was associated with Network18 for about eight years. He was responsible for the strategic, financial and operational management of the channels.
Apart from building the two channel brands, Venkatraman was also behind the conceptualisation of ‘CNN-IBN Indian of the Year’, ‘Real Heroes’, ‘IBN7 Diamond States Awards’, ‘Citizen Journalist Awards’ and ‘IBN7 Super Idols’.
He has also worked with the India Today Group and Zee Network. He holds management qualifications from IIM Bangalore and the Harvard Business School.
Savvy Dilip was VP, marketing at TV18, prior to starting up Vigovea. At Network18, she was responsible for the marketing operations of CNN IBN and IBN7.
Her prior experience covers brand management and development, product development and management, strategic alliances, content development, events and experiential marketing, sales enablement and PR across various media.
She has also earned an executive management degree from IIM Bangalore and has completed an Advanced Management Program at the Harvard Business School.