- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Delhi HC vacates stay on telecast of ‘Grand Masti’ on TV
MUMBAI: The Delhi High Court has cleared the way for the airing of the adult comedy film ‘Grand Masti’ on television by vacating its stay on the telecast.
The decision came after the HC was informed that the film had undergone 218 cuts to make it fit for TV viewing. The court was also told that the film had already been shown thrice on TV.
A division bench of Chief Justice G Rohini and Justice Jayant Nath vacated the stay while cautioning TV channels to be ‘in strict compliance’ with the requirement of the provisions of the Cinematograph Act 1952.
Reports state that the order came on the plea of a media group seeking permission to air the movie on one of their channels as the HC had on 21 August stayed its airing on TV.
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, ZEEL’s Hindi movie channel &Pictures was to premiere the film in August 2015.
The HC had stayed the premiere upon hearing a plea filed by Edara Gopi Chand seeking a stay on the telecast of the movie on television as it was replete with “double entendres” and highly objectionable content. The petition sought the quashing of the U/A certification the movie had got from the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) in January.
The new certification happened after the film underwent 218 cuts that reduced the 135 minute-long theatrical version of the film to 98 minutes.
Directed by Indra Kumar and produced by Ashok Thakeria, ‘Grand Masti’ stars Riteish Deshmukh, Vivek Oberoi and Aftab Shivdasani in lead roles.