- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Delhi HC adjourns ad cap case yet again
NEW DELHI: The Delhi High Court has once again adjourned the ad cap case. The matter will now be heard on 29 March.
The court will consider the intervention of Discovery in the case.
When the court last heard the case on 27 November, it had given the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) time until 11 February to resolve the ad cap matter with the petitioners, which include news, regional and music broadcasters. The court had said that if they fail to resolve the issue, it will begin the hearing in the matter from that date.
The interim order restraining the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from taking coercive action against petitioners will continue.
The ad cap matter has been adjourned many times since the matter reached the Delhi High Court in December 2013.