- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Delhi HC adjourns ad cap case yet again
NEW DELHI: The Delhi High Court has once again adjourned the ad cap case. The matter will now be heard on 29 March.
The court will consider the intervention of Discovery in the case.
When the court last heard the case on 27 November, it had given the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) time until 11 February to resolve the ad cap matter with the petitioners, which include news, regional and music broadcasters. The court had said that if they fail to resolve the issue, it will begin the hearing in the matter from that date.
The interim order restraining the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from taking coercive action against petitioners will continue.
The ad cap matter has been adjourned many times since the matter reached the Delhi High Court in December 2013.