- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
‘Deal or No Deal’ makes comeback after 8 years, now on &TV
MUMBAI: Endemol Shine India’s game show property ‘Deal or No Deal’ is all set to make a comeback in a renewed avatar on &TV.
The show is slated to air on &TV from 5 September. Occupying the 8 pm slot, it will open up a new weekend slot for &TV.
Earlier, the format aired from 2005 to 2006 on Sony Entertainment Television as ‘Deal Ya No Deal’.
Last year, Endemol India MD Deepak Dhar revealed plans of reviving the format for Sun TV.
In its Hindi revival on &TV, the format will see Ronit Roy as the host. The family game show, adapted from an international format of the same name, will have a new avatar and provide fresh twists including a family round.
According to a source from the production team, “The shooting has not begun yet, but this time the show will have a new flavour. The format has been successful internationally as well as in the South, and we are now seeing a resurgence of game shows in India.”
It currently seems to be a yearly deal with the channel, and the future of the format will be evaluated on the basis of the response.
Moreover, &TV will launch a detective thrilled titled ‘Agent Raghav: Crime Branch’ in September. This show will launch on 5 September, airing on weekends (Sat–Sun) at 9 pm, replacing the ongoing music reality show ‘The Voice India’.
The show is stated to be a fast-paced crime and mystery series produced by Contiloe Productions. It will star Sharad Kelkar in the lead role.