- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
DD’s ‘Main Kuch Bhi Kar Sakti Hoon’ is first Indian show to clock 400 mn viewers
MUMBAI: DD National’s edutainment show’Main Kuch Bhi Kar Sakti Hoon’, which deals with sex, family planning, early marriage, contraceptive use, domestic violence and other issues, has recorded a whopping 400 million viewers, which is more than any other show on Indian television.
In its second season, the show has aired around 79 episodes to date. It features women in strong roles and revolves around a doctor named Sneha, who fights social evils and helps village women fight for their rights. From speaking up for them to going out and making a women’s football team, she does everything to irk the village men and invite threats for her life.
‘Main Kuch Bhi Kar Sakti Hoon’ was launched in 2014 by the Population Foundation of India with the aim to educate people on family planning, child marriage, domestic abuse and other social issues. It also highlights that women can set themselves free from the norms of a patriarchal society and excel in traditional male domains.
The show has been dubbed in 11 languages and is also broadcast on All India Radio (AIR).
Directed by Feroz Abbas Khan (director of ‘Gandhi, My Father’), the show targets not just the disempowered groups but also others who are interested in gender issues and many other causes.
‘Main Kuch Bhi Kar Sakti Hoon’ is set in a fictional town Pratappur. Dr Sneha Mathur, a gynaecologist, has quit her job in Mumbai and works in her hometown.
‘Main Kuch Bhi Kar Sakti Hoon’ is a weekend prime-time show on DD National, airing on Saturdays and Sundays at 7 pm. On DD India it airs on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10.30 am.