- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
DD to conduct 29th e-auction on 11 Aug for vacant slots on Freedish
MUMBAI: Doordarshan will conduct its 29th online e-auction on 11 August to fill up vacant slots on its free direct-to-home (DTH) platform Freedish.
The last date for submission of application for the auction is 11 August.
As reported first by TelevisionPost.com, Zee News was the only channel to have taken a slot on Freedish in its last round of e-auction.
Like in the earlier round, the reserve price per DTH slot is fixed at Rs 4.3 crore (Rs 43 million). Gurgaon-based C1 India will conduct the auction.
Interested channels will have to submit uplinking and downlinking permission from the ministry of information and broadcasting (MIB) with the application.
They also have to give a participation amount of Rs 1.5 crore (Rs 15 million) as demand draft in favour of DD besides a non-refundable processing fee of Rs 10,000.
Successful channels will have to arrange IRD boxes in advance to place their channel on platform on time. The EMD Drafts will be returned to the unsuccessful bidders within a week or immediately after the e-auction is over.
Channels that have won slots on the platform will have to deposit Rs 1.10 crore (Rs 11 million) within one month from the placement of the channel on Freedish along with Service Tax @ 14.5 per cent on total bid amount.
The second installment amounting to Rs 1.10 crore (Rs 11 million) will have to be deposited by the successful channel in the second month from the placement of the channel.
The balance bid amount will have to be deposited on or before six months from the placement of the channel failing which the deposited amount will be forfeited and the channel will be discontinued from the platform after a 21-day discontinuation notice.