- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
DD out of the top 10 GEC chart despite T20 World Cup
MUMBAI: DD National exited the top 10 Hindi GEC rankings despite the T20 World Cup final contest between West Indies and England.
The beneficiary was Sony Entertainment Television (SET) as it re-entered the top 10 slot in the 14th week of the year.
According to BARC data for the period ended 8 April, the thrilling ICC T20 World Cup final encounter between England and the West Indies proved to be of little help to the public broadcaster.
Even as the top four channels held on to their positions, the Hindi GEC genre saw minor changes in the pecking order during the week.
Sony Pal replaced DD National at the fifth position. Star Utsav improved its ranking by grabbing the sixth position.
SAB TV inched up to the ninth position while SET replaced it at the 10th position. Life OK and Rishtey maintained their seventh and eighth rankings respectively.
After being drowned by the cricket tsunami, the entertainment programmes conquered the top two positions in the most-watched programme list, with Colors’ ‘Naagin’ leading the table, followed by Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’.
The England vs West Indies match was at the third position. ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ on Star Plus and ‘Jodha Akbar’ on Zee TV completed the top five.
The Hindi movie genre saw a change in the leadership position, as Sony Max dislodged Zee Cinema from the top position on the back of the Indian Premier League (IPL) opening ceremony. The other three slots remained unchanged.
The IPL opening ceremony was the most-watched programme of the week in the genre. Others in the top 5 included ‘Kanchana’, ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, ‘Hum Aapke Hai Koun’ and ‘Phir Hera Pheri’.