- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
DD News undergoes brand refresh
MUMBAI: DD News has commenced the New Year by undergoing a brand refresh. A new logo has also given the channel a contemporary look and feel.
The new logo features white, red and shades of black/grey replacing the purple and yellow.The box around the logo has been removed.
The DD News tagline now is ‘Only news complete news’. The definition of the channel is ‘The National News Channel’.
Televisionpost.com was the first to report that DD News was planning to go for a revamp.
However, some elements have been kept in graphics to represent continuity. The titles of generic bulletins, for example, have been retained. Similarly, some chords of music have been retained.
In order to make it more appealing, the fonts have been made bolder. Contrast has been introduced, both on bands and scroll, for greater readability.
Text bands firing simultaneously have been reduced to a maximum of three so as to remove clutter in the lower part of the screen. In most situations, there are likely to be only two bands. A new, top band has been introduced, which will be used occasionally as story title or for other similar purposes.