- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
DD News undergoes brand refresh
MUMBAI: DD News has commenced the New Year by undergoing a brand refresh. A new logo has also given the channel a contemporary look and feel.
The new logo features white, red and shades of black/grey replacing the purple and yellow.The box around the logo has been removed.
The DD News tagline now is ‘Only news complete news’. The definition of the channel is ‘The National News Channel’.
Televisionpost.com was the first to report that DD News was planning to go for a revamp.
However, some elements have been kept in graphics to represent continuity. The titles of generic bulletins, for example, have been retained. Similarly, some chords of music have been retained.
In order to make it more appealing, the fonts have been made bolder. Contrast has been introduced, both on bands and scroll, for greater readability.
Text bands firing simultaneously have been reduced to a maximum of three so as to remove clutter in the lower part of the screen. In most situations, there are likely to be only two bands. A new, top band has been introduced, which will be used occasionally as story title or for other similar purposes.