- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
DD News undergoes brand refresh
MUMBAI: DD News has commenced the New Year by undergoing a brand refresh. A new logo has also given the channel a contemporary look and feel.
The new logo features white, red and shades of black/grey replacing the purple and yellow.The box around the logo has been removed.
The DD News tagline now is ‘Only news complete news’. The definition of the channel is ‘The National News Channel’.
Televisionpost.com was the first to report that DD News was planning to go for a revamp.
However, some elements have been kept in graphics to represent continuity. The titles of generic bulletins, for example, have been retained. Similarly, some chords of music have been retained.
In order to make it more appealing, the fonts have been made bolder. Contrast has been introduced, both on bands and scroll, for greater readability.
Text bands firing simultaneously have been reduced to a maximum of three so as to remove clutter in the lower part of the screen. In most situations, there are likely to be only two bands. A new, top band has been introduced, which will be used occasionally as story title or for other similar purposes.