- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
DD News launches mobile app
MUMBAI: After making All India Radio (AIR) available to mobile users, Prasar Bharati has now launched a mobile application for DD News.
While there is a surge of channels with anchor-driven content, there is still a huge space to cater to audience which is starving for ‘facts’ and coverage of events outside the national capital, Information & Broadcasting Minister Arun Jaitley said.
He said it is one of the agendas of Prasar Bharati, Doordarshan and AIR to have the largest width of coverage.
Speaking about Prasar Bharati apps, he said their capability would depend on objectivity and constant updating. News these days is important till the next important event happens, he added.
While there is a value for competitive news or anchor-driven news, there is also a huge space and almost a starvation for just knowing the facts, he expressed.
In this situation, the viewer has to change his habits. There is need to know about the world, politics, economy and what is happening all over India, which is not just Lutyens’ Delhi, Jaitley said.
Jaitley also launched the e-book ‘India 2015’ and said it is almost an encyclopedia. An e-book of the I&B ministry was also unveiled.
Minister of State for I&B Rajyavardhan Rathore, I&B secretary Bimal Julka and Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar were among those present at the event.