- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
DD Kisan expected to be launched mid-April
MUMBAI: The BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) at the Centre is planning to launch DD Kisan by mid-April. The dedicated channel for farmers and the agriculture sector could be launched on the occasion of ‘Baisakhi’, which falls on 14 April.
According to a PTI report, Information and Broadcasting Minister Arun Jaitley had called a meeting of top MIB and Prasar Bharati officials to monitor the progress of the channel.
Apart from Jaitley, MoS in I&B ministry Rajyavardhan Rathore, I&B secretary Bimal Julka, Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar and senior DD officials participated in the meeting.
Jaitley, who is also the finance minister, had allocated Rs 100 crore (Rs 1 billion) for DD Kisan during Union Budget 2014.
Setting up regional Kisan TV channels was one of BJP’s pre-poll promises.
DD Kisan will provide the farming community with information related to weather and seeds. DD and All India Radio (AIR) already run agriculture-related programmes.