- RSCRYPTO completes CAS integration into MStar K1, K5, K7 series chips
- Ryan school murder: Bus conductor granted bail, but no clean chit till yet
- 'Padmavati' row: Let CBFC do its job, says Information and Broadcasting ministry
- Screen 'S Durga' at IFFI, says Kerala High Court
DD commissions survey to assess effectiveness of DD Kisan
NEW DELHI: Public broadcaster Doordarshan has commissioned a survey to assess the effectiveness of DD Kisan channel and to get feedback from the farmers on the programmes telecast by the channel, Minister of State in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Rathore has said in the Lok Sabha.
As per data released by the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) including rural viewership initiated in October 2015, the growth in ratings of DD Kisan, which was launched in July 2015, is satisfactory.
The viewership of DD Kisan has reached 1.68 crore in the week ended 19 February, as per BARC data.
It is a constant endeavour of Doordarshan to offer better programmes by reviewing content and quality from time to time with a view to sustaining the interest of the viewers and increase the ratings, he added.
The government has allocated Rs 52 crore (Rs 520 million) for DD Kisan under plan allocation in the recent Union Budget.
The details of programmes being telecast on DD Kisan are as follows:
- ‘Jeevan Darshan’, based on devotional songs and short talks on philosophical and cultural issues
- ‘Kisan Samachar’ takes daily stock of important news items for farmers. The agro news desk prepares live daily news bulletins that focus on the legislation and other initiatives in Parliament. It covers flagship programmes and policies of the government, besides reporting on agro weather issues and agricultural market trends.
- ‘Mausam Khabar’ gives a daily update on weather conditions and advisories to the farmers on current crops.
- ‘Mandi Khabar’ is a daily bulletin on the commodity market based on NCDEX (National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Ltd) and other sources.
- ‘Hello Kisan’ is an interactive live show that deals with current agricultural topics of interest to farmers.
- ‘Chhat Par Baghbani’ deals with terrace gardening and topics of horticulture.
- ‘Ghumate-Phirte’ is a mobile quiz programme based on questions on agricultural knowledge and topics of special interest.
- ‘Choupal Charcha’ is a discussion-based programme on government schemes and its effective implementation.
- ‘Khet Khaliyan’ is an agro research-based programme produced in cooperation with the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) and agricultural universities.
- ‘Baat Rajyon Ki’ focuses on regional issues and rural development.
- ‘Hamara Pashudhan’ is a regular programme on animal husbandry.
- ‘Lok Rang’ is a programme on folk dance and music based on external coverage and studio recordings.
Programmes like ‘Khet Se Bazar Tak’, ‘Nayi Dishyan’, ‘Pragati Ke Path Par’, ‘Maati Ke Laal’, ‘Dharti Ki Godh Mein’, ‘Vaah Choudhary’, ‘Gauri Tera Gaon Bada Pyara’, ‘Albele Hanthon Ka Hunnar’, ‘Mera Gaon Mera Desh’, ‘Kheti Pardesh Ki’, ‘Draupadi’, ‘Kamyabi Ki Misalen’, etc. are information-cum-entertainment programmes meant for empowering and entertaining rural audience.