- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Cricket draws huge viewership in Week 5
MUMBAI: Team India’s sensational win in the third Paytm T20 series against England, which was telecast on DD National and Star Sports 1 & 3 (SD & HD), garnered 48.7 million impressions. The T20 series match was aired on 1 February at 7 pm.
DD National and Star Sports 1 & 3 (SD & HD) registered 45.8 million impressions due to the India vs England match in the second T20 series, which was aired on 29 January at 7 pm.
In the week ended 3 February, news channels witnessed a spike in their viewership due to the announcement of Union Budget 2017.
According to BARC India data for the given period, the English business news genre grew by 198% due to the live coverage and analysis of the budget.
On 1 February, the day of the budget announcement, the viewership of English news channels was up by 45%, whereas the Hindi news channels saw a viewership growth of only 4%.
Thanks to the budget coverage, the English business news genre saw a total viewership growth of more than 500% while the Hindi business news genre grew by 91%.