- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Cricket draws huge viewership in Week 5
MUMBAI: Team India’s sensational win in the third Paytm T20 series against England, which was telecast on DD National and Star Sports 1 & 3 (SD & HD), garnered 48.7 million impressions. The T20 series match was aired on 1 February at 7 pm.
DD National and Star Sports 1 & 3 (SD & HD) registered 45.8 million impressions due to the India vs England match in the second T20 series, which was aired on 29 January at 7 pm.
In the week ended 3 February, news channels witnessed a spike in their viewership due to the announcement of Union Budget 2017.
According to BARC India data for the given period, the English business news genre grew by 198% due to the live coverage and analysis of the budget.
On 1 February, the day of the budget announcement, the viewership of English news channels was up by 45%, whereas the Hindi news channels saw a viewership growth of only 4%.
Thanks to the budget coverage, the English business news genre saw a total viewership growth of more than 500% while the Hindi business news genre grew by 91%.