- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- 74 injured as train derails in Auraiya
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Cricket draws huge viewership in Week 5
MUMBAI: Team India’s sensational win in the third Paytm T20 series against England, which was telecast on DD National and Star Sports 1 & 3 (SD & HD), garnered 48.7 million impressions. The T20 series match was aired on 1 February at 7 pm.
DD National and Star Sports 1 & 3 (SD & HD) registered 45.8 million impressions due to the India vs England match in the second T20 series, which was aired on 29 January at 7 pm.
In the week ended 3 February, news channels witnessed a spike in their viewership due to the announcement of Union Budget 2017.
According to BARC India data for the given period, the English business news genre grew by 198% due to the live coverage and analysis of the budget.
On 1 February, the day of the budget announcement, the viewership of English news channels was up by 45%, whereas the Hindi news channels saw a viewership growth of only 4%.
Thanks to the budget coverage, the English business news genre saw a total viewership growth of more than 500% while the Hindi business news genre grew by 91%.