- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Contiloe Pictures’ next offering ‘Vighnaharta Ganesh’ to air on Sony
MUMBAI: Contiloe Pictures is strengthening its content repertoire with yet another mythological series titled ‘Vighnaharta Ganesh’.
The series revolving around the life of Hindu deity Ganesh will be aired on Sony Entertainment Television (SET). The channel has yet to announce the date and time of the show’s launch.
‘Vighnaharta Ganesh’ will tell some untold stories about Ganesh and will be shot with motion capture camera, which is a first for an Indian TV show. The hunt for the cast is on.
In February, Contiloe’s big-budget historical show ‘She-E-Punjab: Maharaja Ranjit Singh’ was launched on Life OK.
Recently, the company won the ‘Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award’ for its popular show ‘Sankat Mochan Mahabali Hanuman in’ the Best Mythological Show category. ‘Hunuman’ also airs on SET at 8 pm, every Monday–Friday. The show, which traces the legend of Lord Hanuman, also achieved the milestone of completing 500 episodes.
Said Contiloe Pictures CEO Abhimanyu Singh, “We at Contiloe Pictures are ecstatic by the win and it has certainly boosted our morale to keep up the good work. It gives immense pleasure to get such a prestigious recognition and would like to thank the jury for this honour. I would also like to thank the audience for their love and support, and I am glad that all the hard work put by the team has paid.”
This year, Contiloe also won a National Film Award in the Best Animation Film category for ‘Mahayoddha Rama’. The film recreates the story of the ‘Ramayana’ from Raavan’s point of view.
Besides ‘Maharaja Ranjit Singh’ and ‘Vighnaharta Ganesh’, the production house is also working on a witty comedy titled ‘Tenali Rama’ for SAB TV.