- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Commercial ad volumes during IPL 8 grew 4%
MUMBAI: The commercial ad volumes during the ongoing Indian Premier League 8 (IPL) grew by 4 per cent compared to IPL 7, according to TAM Media Research.
As many as 214 brands have advertised across commercial, onscreen, and in-stadia during IPL 8, which is four less than the 218 that advertised during IPL season 7.
The number of commercial advertisers decreased to 89 during IPL 8 from 96 in the previous season. The number of onscreen advertisers has increased to 34 from 31. Similarly, the number of in-stadia advertisers has increased to 129 from 126.
Vodafone, ACC Cement and Pepsi are respectively the top commercial, onscreen and in-stadia brands.
The eighth season of the IPL has attracted 35 new advertisers with Paytm leading the pack. Other top new advertisers are Intex Technologies, Vimal Pan Masala, Cardekho.com, Freecharge.in, Cartrade.com, Tata Sky, Cricbuzz.com, Magicbricks.com and Lava International.
About 30 per cent of the ads during commercial breaks of IPL 8 were celebrity endorsed ads, with Aamir Khan being the top celebrity appearing in ads.
In terms of viewership, Mumbai, Delhi, and Kolkata are the top 3 markets as far as metro cities are concerned, while Maharashtra, UP, Gujarat, West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh are top 5 markets among states.
Almost 64 per cent of viewership for the first 45 matches of the IPL came from male audience, while females made up the rest.
The 35+ and 15–24 age groups were the top viewership contributors at 38 and 26 per cent respectively. In terms of SEC, the SEC A and B together comprised 44 per cent of the viewership even as SEC C and D/E were the major contributors at 56 per cent.
The opening match (MI vs KKR) garnered the highest rating at 5.4 per cent, followed by the fifth match between KKR vs RCB at 5.3 per cent rating.