- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
‘Comedy Nights’ to go off air from Sept, says Kapil Sharma
MUMBAI: ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’, the highest-rated non-fiction show across Hindi general entertainment channels (GEC), is set to go off air from September, said its host and producer Kapil Sharma.
On his Twitter and Facebook page, Sharma made the announcement Sunday morning. He wrote, “‘Comedy nights’ is going off air from September. V will come back with new characters n new set. Till den. Keep smiling.” He also thanked Colors, its CEO Raj Nayak and weekend programming head Manisha Sharma, and his fans for their love for the show.
‘Comedy Nights’ was launched on Colors in June last year. Over the year, it has seen many popular actors including Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Dharmendra, Jeetendra, Akshay Kumar and others participating.
Incidentally, the show was initially scheduled to run for 13 weeks, as a 26-episode series. However, the response to the first episode prompted the channel to extend the number of episodes to 36. Today, the show has already completed over 80 episodes.
Earlier, there were reports that Sharma wanted to change the format to once a week as he would be busy shooting for three films under the Yash Raj banner. However, the channel had turned the request down as ‘Comedy Nights’ is its most popular show.
No one from the channel was available for comment till the filing of this report.
Also Read the story behind the making of ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’, a special feature by TelevisionPost.com.