- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Comedy Central tops English GEC chart in Week 26
MUMBAI: Viacom18’s comedy entertainment channel Comedy Central became the numero uno English entertainment channel, according to BARC data for the week ended 3 July.
Multi Screen Media’s (MSM) AXN, which was No. 1 in the previous week, fell to the third number slot. The second slot in the English GEC firmament went to Zee Café.
A trend noticed during the week was that all the top channels, except for Zee Café, saw a dip in their overall viewership.
English movie channels
There was no change in the English movie channel pecking order as Times Network’s Movies Now continued to latch on to its No. 1 position, followed by Star India’s Star Movies and MSM’s Sony Pix. The English movie channels also saw a dip in overall ratings compared to the previous week.
Action movies continued to rake in ratings for English movie channels, with four of the five top-rated programmes during the week being action flicks.
The hierarchy in the infotainment genre remained stable week on week, with Discovery Channel at the top, followed by Star India’s National Geographic Channel and Discovery’s sibling channel Animal Planet.
Discovery and Animal Planet have seen an increase in ratings while NGC’s ratings saw a minor dip.
Viacom18’s Nick continued its run as the top kids channel. Turner International India’s Pogo TV and Cartoon Network found themselves at the second and third positions. While all three channels saw a dip in ratings, in case of Nick it was a bit higher than Pogo and CN.