- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Comedy Central tops English entertainment genre
MUMBAI: For the week ended 29 July, Comedy Central was the top English entertainment channel while AXN stayed in the second spot.
Zee Cafe, meanwhile, slid to the third spot. Star World and Colors Infinity stayed in the fourth and fifth spot respectively, according to BARC data for the week ended 29 July.
English Movie channels
The English movie channel genre has seen a surge in viewership.
There was no change in the hierarchy of the English movie channels with Movies Now continuing to lead.
Star Movies had three of its movie screenings on the top five list while sister channel Star Movies Action’s ‘Little Big Soldier’ stood on the fifth position.
Movies Now’s ‘Fist of Fury’ was fourth-ranked.
Discovery and NGC continued to lead the infotainment genre. History TV18 and Animal Planet exchanged positions while Nat Geo Wild stayed in the fifth spot.
Nick stayed unshakeable in the kids genre, followed once more by Cartoon Network.
Disney slipped to the fifth spot from last week’s third spot. Pogo rose to No. 3. Hungama stayed fourth.