- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Comedy Central, Movies Now, Nick retain top spots in Eng ent, films, kids genres
MUMBAI: Comedy Central occupied the top position in the English entertainment genre, according to BARC data for the week ended 18 March.
Star World and AXN exchanged places, with the former at number two and the latter at number three. Zee Café and Colors Infinity SD stayed at number four and five.
Movies Now was No. 1 in the English movie genre, closely followed by Star Movies at the second spot. However, HBO fell from number three to number five While Zee Studio moved to the third spot from number five. Pix stayed at number four.
Top 5 movies
Movies Now had four of its films in the top five list for the week ended 18 March. ‘Turbo’ led the list, followed by ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’, shown on HBO.
‘10,000 BC’, ‘Kung Fu Hustle’ and ‘Anaconda’, all on Movies Now, occupied the third, fourth and fifth slots.
Among channels in the infotainment genre, Discovery dislodged History TV18 from the top position to the second spot. There was no change in the subsequent order of the channels.
The kids genre remained unchanged from last week, with Nick leading the pack.