- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Comedy Central launches ‘LOL Club’
MUMBAI: English entertainment channel Comedy Central has launched a ‘LOL Club’ privilege card keeping in line with its philosophy of ‘laugh it off’.
The channel’s endeavour is to spread happiness beyond television through the club, and will take it forward through a series of partnerships.
LOL stands for ‘laugh out loud’, and the LOL Club will make people happy by offering special discounts at restaurants, bars, youth hangout spots and spa chains across the country. Fans can register for free on the Comedy Central Facebook page to avail the privileges.
Viacom18 English Entertainment EVP and business head Ferzad Palia said, “At Comedy Central, our objective is to spread happiness and the LOL Club is another step in that direction. We have introduced the card after mapping the different lifestyle demands of our fans and are hopeful of adding some more smiles to their lives via the various offers and discounts on it.”
Comedy Central India will promote the club on-air on both Comedy Central and Vh1, along with radio spots and their partner locations. The channel also plans to give away tickets for gigs, comedy shows and other activities across cities.