- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Comedy Central gains big, hops on to No. 1
MUMBAI: Viacom18’s English comedy entertainment channel Comedy Central was the biggest gainer in terms of viewership in the week ended 27 November, as per BARC viewership data.
The channel, which was at No. 4 in the previous week, jumped to No. 1.
AXN fell to No. 2 (last week No. 1), while Zee Café and Colors Infinity (SD) held on to their third and fifth spots respectively.
Genre leader Movies Now strengthened its position at the top even as the other players, except Zee Studio, witnessed a rise in viewership.
Star Movies climbed to No. 2 and Zee Studio fell to No. 5 on the top 5 chart.
Interestingly, all of the five most-watched movies of the week belonged to Movies Now. These include ‘Man of Steel’, ‘Two Brothers’, ‘Avatar’, ‘Kung Fu Hustle’ and ‘Bean’.
The top three players in the infotainment genre witnessed an increase in viewership even as Discovery Channel continued to lead the genre.
From third place last week, History TV18 jumped to second, while NGC, despite an increase in the number of eyeballs, remained third.
Animal Planet and Nat Geo Wild remained at the fourth and the fifth spot respectively. Both channels registered a marginal dip in viewership.
There was no change in the pecking order in the kids genre as Nick led the way, followed by Pogo, Cartoon Network, Hungama and Disney Channel.
Nick, Pogo and Disney Channel each saw a drop in their respective viewership, while Cartoon Network and Hungama witnessed a rise.