- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Comedy Central brings laughter to MipTV with new series ‘Broad City’
MUMBAI: Global comedy network Comedy Central will bring laughter to next month’s television trade event MipTV 2014 in France with a session dedicated to its brand new ‘web to TV’ comedy series ‘Broad City’.
The new series, which is currently averaging a weekly audience of 1.2 million people during its premiere season in the US, will be launching for international syndication at the forthcoming market.
The panel, which will take place on the first day of MIPTV 2014, will explore the series’ transition from the web to TV.
Drawing on insight from Viacom’s recent research study ‘Comedy Across Borders’, which identified comedy as “the number one social currency”, the panel will address the impact of the web on today’s comedy development process for TV and the lessons learned about transplanting comedy from one medium to another.
‘Broad City’ is an ‘odd couple’ comedy with a sketch show feel which follows two friends as they navigate their way in New York City. The series captures comical moments between friends and features cameos from popular comedians including Poehler.
With season 2 already green-lit for production, Comedy Central’s hot new series will be launching for international syndication at MIPTV 2014.