- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Comedy Central brings back 3rd edition of ‘Chuckles Festival’
MUMBAI: Comedy Central is all set to kick-start the third edition of ‘Chuckles Festival’ with an all-new platform and the addition of a Chuckle Stop.
The three-stop comic festival will take place at Deepak Talkies, Mumbai, on 14 October; at MLR Convention Center, Whitefield, Bengaluru, on 15 October; and at Gandhi Memorial Hall, Delhi, on 16 October. The festival will feature ‘Uninvited’ as part of the Chuckle Stop and will host stand-ups like Jeeveshu Ahluvalia, Sundeep Rao and Daniel Fernandes.
Commenting on the initiative, Viacom18, Integrated Network Solutions and Consumer Products, business head Saugato Bhowmik said, “While we have received tremendous response in the previous editions of the Chuckles Festival, we are taking a different route this season by creating a platform to nurture homegrown talent. We are sure the audience will be in for a treat with Chuckle Stop.”
The third edition of Comedy Central Chuckles Festival is conceptualised by Live Viacom 18, with Skoda as the presenting sponsor and Voot as an associate sponsor and digital partner. The on-ground event will be made available to the digital audience on Voot. Comedy Central Chuckle Stop has also associated with YODA (Youth Organisation in Defence of Animals) and 10% of all Mumbai ticket proceeds will be going to the organisation.
Over the years, the festival has been well associated with renowned comedians such as Russell Brand, Gabriel ‘Fluffy’ Iglesias, Eddie Ifft, Paul Varghese and more.