- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Colors, Zee Anmol are top GECs in urban and rural markets
MUMBAI: Colors and Zee Anmol emerged as the numero uno channels in the urban and rural markets respectively, according to BARC data for the week ending 13 May.
This is the first week BARC has started reporting the two markets separately for the Hindi GECs. BARC will continue to report Hindi GEC viewership data this way from Week 19 onwards.
Hindi GEC hierarchy in urban market
For the week ended 13 May, Star Plus was trailing Colors in the urban markets at the second spot.
Zee TV took the third position, followed by Life OK and SAB TV. Sony Entertainment Television (SET) was No. 6 while &TV found itself at the seventh position.
The bottom three slots were filled by free-to-air (FTA) channels Sony Pal, Zee Anmol and Star Utsav.
In terms of programming, ‘Naagin’ dominated the urban chart, followed by ,Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’, ‘Kumkum Bhagya’, ‘India’s Got Talent’ and ‘Saath Nibhaana Sathiya’.
In the rural market, Zee Anmol stood at the No. 1 position while Sony Pal was at No. 2.
At the third position was Star Utsav. Zee TV led the mainline GECs in the rural market at the No. 4 slot. Rishtey was at the fifth slot, with Colors trailing it closely at the sixth position.
Star Plus and Life OK occupied the seventh and eighth positions respectively. Big Magic was at the ninth position, followed by SAB TV. SET and &TV were notable exceptions in the rural list.
In the rural market, ‘Jodha Akbar’ topped the chart. ‘Saath Nibhaana Sathiya’ on Star Utsav came second, followed by ‘Bandini’ at the third spot. ‘Naagin’ and ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ also found themselves in the list of the top five shows for the rural market.
In the Hindi movie genre, Sony Max continued to lead the genre, thanks to the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL).
Star Gold pipped Zee Cinema for the second position. Zee Cinema dropped to the third position while &Pictures moved to the fourth position. Movies OK was down to the fifth position.
Top 5 programmes
IPL matches dominated the list of the week’s top five programmes. Sony Max once again was the most-watched channel across genres during the week.
- Top English and Hindi news channels protect their rankings in Week 19
- Nick pips Pogo for leadership
- Colors gains No. 1 position in Week 18