- Jallikattu stir turns violent; over 90 cops injured, 40 held
- Karnataka CM Siddarmaiah bats for revocation of ban on Kambala, mulls ordinance
- 162 Crores Of Unexplained Assets For Congress Leaders, One Is A Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses the Election Commission of promoting bribery
- As Priyanka Gandhi is hailed for alliance with SP, husband Robert Vadra calls Rahul Gandhi 'youth icon'
- Don't announce any scheme for poll-bound states in Union Budget, EC tells government
- Jallikattu: Chennai cops 'vandalise' property, caught on tape
- Ola appoints Vishal Kaul as Chief Operating Officer
- Sweden: Gang rape streamed live on Facebook, three suspects arrested
- Triple Talaq: Law panel studies practices of Muslim nations
Colors wears crown, Rishtey in top 3 for first time in U+R HSM
MUMBAI: Viacom18’s Hindi GECs Colors and Rishtey ended the year 2016 in style. While Colors reclaimed the Hindi GEC crown from Star Plus, its free-to-air (FTA) sibling landed in the top three for the first time in the combined urban and rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM).
Rishtey raced ahead of Zee TV to grab the third position on the back of a 4.86% viewership growth, as per BARC data for Week 52 for urban + rural HSM.
Colors’ weekly impressions jumped 6.29% to touch 66.88 crore even as Star Plus’ weekly impressions saw a minor dip to 62.73 crore.
Zee TV slipped to the fourth position by losing 7.52% impressions. Sony Entertainment Television (SET), which saw an 8.23% dip in viewership, slid to the sixth position.
FTA channels Sony Pal and Zee Anmol moved a level up to the fifth and seventh positions respectively. SAB TV rose to the eighth position, while Life OK fell to the ninth slot. Star Utsav remained stuck at the 10th position.
Top 5 shows in Urban+Rural HSM
For the week under review, Colors had three shows in the top 5 compared to one in the previous week. While ‘Naagin season 2’ was the top-rated show, ‘Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki’ and ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ occupied the fourth and fifth spots.
‘Kumkum Bhagya’ on Zee TV and ‘Naagin 1’ on Rishtey also made it to top 5.
Top Hindi GECs in Urban HSM
The urban HSM also witnessed a change in leadership, with Colors racing ahead of Star Plus. The viewership difference between the two channels is 5%.
SET retained its third position despite losing viewership.
SAB TV ascended to the fourth position, pushing Zee TV to the fifth. Rishtey pushed Sony Pal down to grab the seventh position. Life OK, &TV and Zee Anmol saw no change in their rankings.
Top shows in Urban HSM
Colors dominated the urban HSM with three shows in the top 5 programmes. ‘Naagin season 2’ replaced ‘Super Dancer’, which has finished its run on SET, as the top show.
‘Udaan’ secured a place in top five while ‘Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki’ was ranked second.
Besides ‘Kumkum Bhagya’, SET’s ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ also found a mention.
Top Hindi GECs in Rural HSM
The top 4 channels in rural HSM retained their positions with Rishtey leading the pack. Sony Pal, Zee Anmol and Star Utsav occupied the second, third and fourth spots.
Colors went ahead of Star Plus for the fifth position. Life OK and SET swapped positions.
Top shows in Rural HSM
The list of the top 5 programmes remained unchanged. ‘Naagin’ was the top-rated show, followed by ‘Baalveer’ on Sony Pal.