- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Colors to make few changes in programming; ‘Bigg Boss 10’ to premiere on 16 Oct
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Colors’ big-ticket reality show ‘Bigg Boss’ is all set for launch in its 10th season on 16 October.
‘Bigg Boss’ will air on weekdays at 10.30 pm, while on weekends it will occupy the 9 pm slot.
Parle Agro’s carbonated apple juice brand Appy Fizz will be replacing online retailer Snapdeal as the show’s main sponsor, marking the e-tailer’s two-year association with the show. Chinese phone maker Oppo and auto major Maruti Suzuki will continue their association with ‘Bigg Boss’ for the 10th season.
From October, Colors will have a few changes in its programming line-up. On weekdays, ‘Bigg Boss’ will replace the drama series ‘Krishndasi’ in the 10.30 pm slot. The last episode of the series will be aired on 15 October. Produced by Optimystix Entertainment, ‘Krishnadasi’ is a fictional story revolving around the concept of devadasis.
The channel is also cancelling Contiloe Pictures’ historical epic ‘Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat’. The date of last airing of the show or the name of its replacement is yet to be announced.
The weekends will also change. The 8 pm slot will have season 2 of ‘Naagin’, which will replace ‘Kavach…Kaali Shaktiyon Se’. Anil Kapoor’s action drama ‘24’ will end its run on 9 October.
For the past nine seasons, ‘Bigg Boss’ has housed celebrities of all sorts from famous television actors to controversial stars, but this time around it has opened gates to the public. Few contestants would be selected from the public, who will get an opportunity to stay in the Bigg Boss house for over 100 days along with some celebrity contestants and compete for the cash prize.
The speculation over the celebrity contestants, the backbone of the show, has already begun.