- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
Colors to make few changes in programming; ‘Bigg Boss 10’ to premiere on 16 Oct
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Colors’ big-ticket reality show ‘Bigg Boss’ is all set for launch in its 10th season on 16 October.
‘Bigg Boss’ will air on weekdays at 10.30 pm, while on weekends it will occupy the 9 pm slot.
Parle Agro’s carbonated apple juice brand Appy Fizz will be replacing online retailer Snapdeal as the show’s main sponsor, marking the e-tailer’s two-year association with the show. Chinese phone maker Oppo and auto major Maruti Suzuki will continue their association with ‘Bigg Boss’ for the 10th season.
From October, Colors will have a few changes in its programming line-up. On weekdays, ‘Bigg Boss’ will replace the drama series ‘Krishndasi’ in the 10.30 pm slot. The last episode of the series will be aired on 15 October. Produced by Optimystix Entertainment, ‘Krishnadasi’ is a fictional story revolving around the concept of devadasis.
The channel is also cancelling Contiloe Pictures’ historical epic ‘Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat’. The date of last airing of the show or the name of its replacement is yet to be announced.
The weekends will also change. The 8 pm slot will have season 2 of ‘Naagin’, which will replace ‘Kavach…Kaali Shaktiyon Se’. Anil Kapoor’s action drama ‘24’ will end its run on 9 October.
For the past nine seasons, ‘Bigg Boss’ has housed celebrities of all sorts from famous television actors to controversial stars, but this time around it has opened gates to the public. Few contestants would be selected from the public, who will get an opportunity to stay in the Bigg Boss house for over 100 days along with some celebrity contestants and compete for the cash prize.
The speculation over the celebrity contestants, the backbone of the show, has already begun.