- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Colors to host world TV premiere of ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhani’ on 25 June
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Colors will host the world television premiere of 2017’s hit romantic comedy ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ on 25 June at 12 pm.
The film, produced by Dharma Productions and directed by Shashank Khaitan, stars Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt in the lead. The film is the second instalment of a franchise that began with ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ in 2014.
‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ is a love story revolving around Badri (Dhawan) and Vaidehi (Bhatt). Badri belongs to a rich family in Jhansi. He meets Vaidehi at a wedding and sparks fly between them. However, while he wants nothing more than to marry her, she yearns to pursue her dream of becoming an air hostess.
Made on a budget of Rs 44 crore, the film was released in March 2017 at the Holi weekend. It earned Rs 125.25 crore in the first week of release, becoming the fourth highest-grossing Bollywood film of 2017 in terms of first week collection. The film was the third highest domestic opener for Dhawan.