- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Colors to air Stardust Awards on 8 January
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Colors will air the 14th Stardust Awards on 8 January.
The awards recognised winners across more than 27 categories including Editor’s Choice, Reader’s Choice Awards and Special Awards.
‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ walked away with the most number of awards (6). Amitabh Bachchan for ‘Pink’ and Anushka Sharma for ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ and ‘Sultan’ were handpicked by Stardust’s readers as the Best Actor of the Year (Male) and (Female) respectively.
The Editor’s Choice Awards saw ‘Neerja’ being adjudged the Film of the Year, and Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury for ‘Pink’ and Ram Madhvani for ‘Neerja’ as the Filmmaker of the Year. Special Awards were presented to Rekha (Lifetime Achievement Award), Priyanka Chopra (Global Icon of the Year), Asha Bhosale (Living Legend), Aishwarya Rai Bachchan for ‘Sarbjit’ (Iconic Role of the Year), Varun Dhawan (Superstar of the Next Generation) and Ajay Devgn for ‘Shivaay’ (Breaking VFX and Direction).
On the digital front, Colors brought the action from red carpet of the awards live to Facebook audiences through a specially created Facebook Live Room hosted by Meiyang Chang.
The winners of the Sansui Colors Stardust Awards were: