- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Colors Super recreates Kannada version of hit show ‘Naagin’
MUMBAI: Kannada GEC Colors Super is creating a Kannada version of Colors’ popular Hindi show ‘Naagin’.
The recreated version is entitled ‘Naagakannike’ and will be aired from 26 June, every Monday to Friday, at 7.30 pm
The show revolves around the protagonist Shivani – a Naagin, played by Adithi Prabhudev, who ventures on the quest to avenge the murder of her parents while protecting the ‘nagmani’. In her pursuit to find the killers, Shivani falls in love with Preetham, played by Shivakumar. Entangled in her mist to get revenge and her feelings for Preetham, Shivani will be facing the penultimate choice of her existence.
Colors Super programming head Vaishnavi HS said, “The Kannada GEC industry has been growing exponentially, with a wider variety of content and the viewers being spoilt for choice. At Colors Super, we primarily focus our efforts on avoiding monotony and only providing innovative and more engaging content for our viewers. Supernatural thrillers have been experimented by many and appreciated as well, but with ‘Naagakannike’ we have raised the bar by working with the best technicians and meeting top industry standards in terms of scale and production.”
Colors Super fiction head Sudhanva Deraje added, “’Naagakannike’ is unlike another mystical thriller, with a gripping storyline, an eminent ensemble cast, along with an experienced and distinguished crew that makes for a spectacle and a very entertaining show. We have carefully crafted ‘Naagakannike’ to suit the viewers’ preferences and are certain that the show will receive a lot of adulation.”