- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Colors stays at the top in last week of 2015
MUMBAI: Colors ended the last week of 2015 at the top of the Hindi GEC hierarchy, as per BARC data.
This is the second consecutive week for the Viacom18 channel to remain No.1 in the genre.
There was no change in the order of the top six channels, with Zee Anmol at No. 2, followed by Star Plus, Zee TV, Star Utsav and Life OK.
Incidentally, all three channels at the top gained in viewership. However, Zee TV, Star Utsav and Life OK witnessed a drop compared to the last week’s numbers.
Viacom18’s free-to-air (FTA) channel Rishtey also registered massive gain and jumped to the seventh spot for the first time from its ninth position last week. Sony Entertainment Television dropped to the 10th place from No. 7 in the previous week.
Top five shows
Colors’ ‘Naagin’ continued to top the list of the most-watched shows, followed by ‘Ek Se Bhale Do’ on Zee Anmol, ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ on Star Plus, ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ on Zee TV and ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ on Colors.
Hindi movie genre
There was no change in the pecking order of the Hindi movie channels. Max continued to lead the pack, followed by Zee Cinema and Star Gold.
At No. 4 and No. 5 were second channels from Star and ZEE networks, Movies OK and &Pictures, respectively.
Except for Movies OK, all four channels registered viewership gain during the week.
Top five movies
Star Gold and Zee Cinema had two movies each among the five most-watched films of the week, while Max had one.