- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Colors races ahead of Star Plus to take 2nd spot; Zee Cinema tops Hindi film genre
MUMBAI: After a long while, Viacom18’s Colors raced ahead of Star Plus to become No. 2 among the Hindi GECs, even as free-to-air (FTA) channel Zee Anmol maintained its numero uno position in the 50th week of 2015.
Incidentally, all the channels witnessed a fall in their respective viewership, compared to Week 49. However, apart from the swap at the second and third spots, there was no change in the channels’ hierarchy.
Zee Anmol, despite a drop, remained firm at the top for the second consecutive week.
Zee TV maintained its position at the fourth place, followed by Star Utsav, Life Ok, SET, Sab, Rishtey and Sony Pal filling in the top 10 Hindi GEC slots.
Top five shows
Colors’ ‘Naagin’ continued to attract eyeballs and remained the most-watched show of the week.
Star Plus’ ‘Saath Nibhana… Saathiya’ and Zee Anmol’s ‘Ek Se Bhale Do’ were at No. 2 and 3 respectively.
The Hindi movie genre also witnessed a change, with Zee Cinema leading over Max. ZEEL’s flagship Hindi movie channel registered a minor increase in viewership, while Max, which saw a sharp decline, slipped to No. 2.
While Star Gold also witnessed a minor fall in viewership, Movies OK and &Pictures saw some increase over their previous week’s eyeballs.
Top five movies
Zee Cinema and Max each had two films in the top five movies list, while Star Gold’s ‘Bhaag Johnny’ was the second-most-watched film of the week.