- RBI to issue new Rs 200 note tomorrow
- SC declares right to privacy as Fundamental right
- Swine flu kills 1094 in India in 8 months
- Liquor stocks gain after Supreme Court clarifies on Highway liquor ban
- The charge that Narayana Murthy forced Vishal Sikka to resign is a lie
- BJP attacks Mamata, says CM trying to create divide among religions
Colors, MAX continue to lead in 1st week of 2016
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Colors and Hindi movie channel MAX continue to lead their respective genres in the first week of 2016, as per BARC TV viewership data for the week ended 8 January.
In the Hindi GEC genre, Colors widened its gap with No. 2 player Zee Anmol, while Star Plus continued to be No. 3.
Incidentally, only Zee Anmol and Star Plus suffered a drop in viewership compared to the week before.
Top five shows
Colors’ ‘Naagin’ was the week’s most-watched show, while ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ also found its way into the list.
Star Plus’ ‘Saath Nibhana Saathiya’ and ‘Ye Hai Mohabbatein’ and Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ were also in the list of the most watched.
Despite a minor drop, MAX sat through the week as No. 1. However, last week’s No. 2 player Zee Cinema could not hold on and Star Gold surged ahead of it during the week.
Top five films
MAX and Zee Cinema had two films each feature among the top five while Star Gold had one.