- Supreme Court adjourns TRAI tariff order case till later part of March
- Tamil Nadu: DMK moves Madras High Court challenging Saturday's trust vote
- UP Elections 2017: Congress To Approach Poll Panel Against PM Narendra Modi's Remark
- Virat Kohli strikes Rs 100-crore deal with Puma
- Captain Cool era ends as IPL side asks Dhoni to step down
- Reliance Jio pushes telecom consolidation as Tata Tele joins merger chorus; may hitch with R-Comm-Aircel-MTS
Colors Marathi to launch two new shows in Jan
MUMBAI: Marathi GEC Colors Marathi will launch ‘Sakhya Re’ and non-fiction property ‘2MAD: Maharashtracha Assal Dance 2’ in January.
From 9 January, the channel will air the weekday fiction show ‘Sakhya Re’ at 9 pm, which will be followed by the second season of ‘2MAD: Maharashtracha Assal Dance’ at 9.30 pm.
‘Sakhya Re’ features Rohini Hattangadi, Suyash Tilak, Ruchi Savarn Mohan and Dnyanada Ramtirthkar in the main lead. It is produced by Blue Whale Media and written by Chinmay Mandlekar. The channel recently released a teaser of ‘Sakhya Re’ that showcases Ruchi Savarn as the widow of Suyash Tilak.
With ‘2MAD: Maharashtracha Assal Dance’, the channel is bringing back the second season of a reality dance show that was launched in 2013 by ETV Marathi. ‘2MAD’ will be hosted by Amey Wagh and judged by Amruta Khanvilkar. The show is said to feature a definitive platform for dancing talent in Maharashtra and will be open to children aged 12–24 years.
‘Sakhya Re’ and ‘2MAD’ will replace Colors Marathi’s ongoing non-fiction shows ‘Kon Hoeel Marathi Crorepati 3’ and ‘Comedychi Bullet Train’. While ‘Kon Hoeel Marathi’ airs every Monday–Wednesday, ‘Comedychi Bullet Train’ airs Thursday–Saturday.
As a weekday show, ‘Sakhya Re’ will replace ‘Kon Hoeel Marathi’ and ‘Comedychi Bullet Train’ at the 9–9.30 pm slot, Monday–Saturday. The dance reality show will only replace ‘Kon Hoeel Marathi’ at 9.30 pm every Monday and Tuesday.
The programming line-up of the channel is yet to be finalised.