- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Colors Kannada is No. 1 Kannada GEC
MUMBAI: Recently rebranded Colors Kannada (earlier ETV Kannada) is the top Kannada regional general entertainment channel in Karnataka, as per BARC data for the week ended 24 April.
The TV18 Broadcast-owned channel has close to 1.5 times more viewership than its nearest competitor Suvarna, and a 32.9 per cent relative share in the Karnataka market (household data for cable & satellite homes of 1 lakh+ cities).
Suvarna Plus, Star India’s second Kannada GEC, clocked 97 GRPs or a 6.9 per cent market share.
As part of its brand refresh exercise, Colors Kannada recently donned a new brand identity with the tagline ‘Onde Sambandha, Ade Anubandha’.
The channel claims that its programming leads in both fiction and nonfiction, and six out of the top 10 shows in the market are on Colors Kannada.
‘Dancing Star Season 2’ is the top nonfiction show, while ‘Lakshmi Baramma’ is the top fiction show on the channel.
During the week under review, the channel clocked 314 GRPs from fiction programming, 130 GRPs from nonfiction, and 15 GRPs from films.
Viacom18 EVP and Colors Kannada, Colors Bangla and Colors Odiya project head Ravish Kumar commented, “Colors Kannada has always endeavoured to provide our viewers with a superior television viewing experience brought alive by content that is a great blend of cultural and contemporary values. The latest milestone reflected through numbers stands testimony to the success of our endeavours.”