- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Colors Kannada beefs up weekday and weekend programming
MUMBAI: Colors Kannada is beefing up its primetime slot with the launch of three new shows—’Super Minute 2′, ‘Om Shakti Om Shanti’ and ‘Manedevru’.
Following the success of its first season, ‘Super Minute 2’—an adaptation of the internationally acclaimed ‘Minute to Win’—is being brought back. It is hosted by Kannada actor Golden Star Ganesh. Premiering on 13 February, the show will air every Saturday and Sunday at 9 pm.
‘Om Shakti Om Shanti’ is a saga of revenge and redemption. ‘Manedevru’, made under the banner of popular Kannada actor Power Star Punit Rajkumar, depicts the tale of Janaki, a naïve simple girl from a quaint village who is offered the hand of an NRI in marriage, but destiny seems to deal her another hand altogether.
Both the shows went on air from 8 February. ‘Om Shakti Om Shanti’ airs from Monday to Friday at 9.30 pm while ‘Manedevru’ airs from Monday to Friday at 9 pm.
Colors Kannada business head Parameshwara Gundkal said, “We understand the needs of the Kannadiga viewers. From getting Ganesh to host the much-loved ‘Super Minute’ to building an ensemble cast and weaving an intriguing plot for our fiction dailies, Colors Kannada strives to push the envelope by offering its viewers compelling content that keeps them glued to their TV screens daily. Our three new shows promise to entertain our loyal viewers in the 9–10 pm primetime band throughout the week. We are very happy to work with Power Star Punit Rajkumar’s production house for ‘Manedvru’.”