- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Colors Infinity unveils new line-up for Sep with instant premieres
MUMBAI: Turning a month old, English general entertainment channel Colors Infinity has unveiled its line-up of shows for September. Taking it up a notch higher, the channel will be airing shows just 12 hours after their US telecast.
The new line-up boasts shows like ‘Mr Robot’, ‘Tyrant’, ‘The Last Ship’, ‘Chasing Life’, ‘The Night Shift’ and the weekend special ‘Black Mirror’, all of which will be aired in India for the first time.
Additionally, the ‘instant premieres’ will air within 12 hours of the US telecast, with shows like ‘The Player’, ‘Heroes Reborn’, ‘Blindspot’, ‘The Flash’ (Season 2), ‘iZombie’ (Season 2), ‘Arrow’ (Season 4) and ‘Fargo’ (Season 2).
On the rotation of shows and simulcast, Viacom18 English entertainment EVP Ferzad Palia said, “We started with the idea of disruption in the English entertainment arena in India, with back-to-back episodes and now we up the ante with our ‘Instant Premieres’, where we will be airing the biggest new series and seasons within 12 hours of the US telecast. Viewers here will be watching incredible new shows on Colors Infinity, only a few hours after their American counterparts. There is no need to illegally download anymore.”
According to the channel, each series has been handpicked for its content and global popularity, whether it’s ‘The Player’ or ‘The Last Ship’, which has been directed by Michael Bay, the creator of the ‘Transformers’ franchise.
The new seasons of popular shows like ‘The Flash’, ‘Arrow’ and ‘Heroes Reborn’ will bring back superheroes on television. The award-winning series ‘Fargo’ also returns with its second season. The new-age technology thriller ‘Mr Robot’ has already earned critical acclaim.